Have pus filled lump on forehead. Experiencing dizziness and headache. How to overcome this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a lump on my forehead, it is like a cyst in the muscle tissue. It seems to be growing out, and is draining a slimy liquid. I recently developed a headach, neck ache and experienced dizziness the past two days. The lump is very small, but it won't go away.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The lump on the forehead with a slimy liquid discharge is likely to be due to a cyst like sebaceous cyst. A surgical removal and oral antibiotics are needed to control the discharge. The cyst is not likely to be responsible for the neck pain and dizziness that you are having. These are suggestive of degenerative spondylottic changes of the cervical spine.
X-ray of neck in lateral view or MRI will help in the diagnosis.
Treatment includes
1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
4. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
5. You can avoid using a pillow.

As you try these measures, I also encourage you to consult an orthopedician for both evaluation and to avail stronger prescription medications (if over the counter medications are not helpful)
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.