Have purple and swollen testicles and a half purple penis. Surgery?

Spine Surgeon
I had an anterial posterial procedure to fuse L-5 S-1 on Wednesday. I had a seemingly successful procedure, but have purple and swollen testicles and a half purple penis. I was released from hospital early yesterday then called the nurses station to find out if I needed to go to the e-room. They said it is a likely hematoma from the surgery or catheter. Should I let it wait until Tuesday and call the surgeon or seek care ASAP.

Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 hours later
I think you need to go to ER as early as possible. Start ice application to the part. how bad is the swelling? is it painful? You may need to get a ultrasound of the testicles. Thanks.