Have pulsating feeling inside forearm and tender to touch. How to overcome this?

I have a pulsating feeling around the inside of my left forearm. On the inside of where you would give blood. It's inflamed a little and tender. It keeps pulsating ..almost like a twitch. I gave blood last week. Started after that.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Pulsation is from arteries.
Blood donation is from the veins...

At times, there could be a little oozing outside the vein causing a clot - extravasation & haematoma - between the artery and vein.
At times, the vein gets inflamed - Thrombophlebitis.
The veins and artery run together or close in most areas.
The arterial pulsation thus might be transmitted.

See your GP - to make sure / or the Blood Bank - where you donated blood.
Local applications / Non Steroidal Ant Inflammatory Drugs help in the mean time.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck