Have pulmonary TB. How long should I take macox plus, benadon and macrozide 750?

I am using MYCOBUTOL 1000 & MACOX PLUS once daily (8 am), BENADON half tablet after lunch and MACROZIDE 750 twice daily (8 am & 8 pm). Is this sufficient? How long should it be taken for pulmonary TB.
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 40 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Your query is regarding the doses on anti tb drugs for you. If you could let me know your exact weight, I can mention the exact doses.

2. The anti TB drugs need to be taken after light breakfast.

3. All the anti tb drugs (Mycobutol. macox plus, macrozide) need to be taken at once. Thus macrozide 750 mg both tablets should be taken with other tablets at 8 am after light breakfast. Macrozide should not be taken in split doses.

4. All the 4 drugs need to be taken for 2 to 3 months and then 3 drugs (macrozide to be discontinued) to be continued for further 4 to 6 months depending on clinical response.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra