Have pulling sensation on stomach below ribs and had burning sensation. Suggest?

last night stater feeling this pulling senation on stomach on my right side below my ribs to the left a little feel it most when I bend over a little last there was times it would burn light fire to day its a little better.what could it be.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Monitor evolution, be relaxed!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the symptoms you experienced yesterday. However, I am relieved noting that the intensity of the pain is reducing.

From the information you have provided and the evolution, this could represent an inflammation of one of the structures(musculoskeletal structures) located in this area. The change in intensity of the pain with movements is very suggestive of this.
Most of these transient pains are often nonspecific and generally resolve all by themselves. They rarely represent a threat to good health and generally resolve spontaneously without treatment. However, if it should persist beyond a week or increase in intensity, seeking medical attention would be of help. This will provide us with the opportunity to examine you and make sure nothing else is ongoing before controlling the pains with pain medications.

If you are taking any pain medications for the arthritis like ibuprofene, diclofenac, aspirin, indocid, etc, then I may want to raise the rule out the possibility of acute gastritis. Let me know if you do take any so that we can address it.

For now, stay calm, monitor symptoms and seek care if they persist beyond a week or earlier if they become worse.

I hope this addresses your query fully. If you do have any related follow up questions, please feel free to ask me and I will gladly address them. I sincerely thank you for having offered me the opportunity to contribute to your health concerns today and wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Ditah, MD