Have pulled muscle in hamstring, taking panamax for pain relief. Having vaginal spotting. Suggest?

I am taking panamax for pain relief as I have pulled a muscle in my left leg and think it could be the hamstring. Since taking roughly four panamax a day I have had vaginal spotting. Should i stop taking it and is there another alternative?I am in my mid eighties
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
The vaginal bleeding that you have got is likely to be due to the pain killer that you have taken. It is best to stop taking panamax and do a hot fomentation in the affected area for pain relief.
You can also apply a local analgesic gel like diclofenac gel over the area for relief. Do avoid taking any pain killers orally and if still the bleeding persists then do consult a physician for a few blood tests to rule out any bleeding disorder.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.