Have psoriasis on groin, tried several products but no use. Using Epaderm but still have itching. Suggest?

I thing I have psoriasis, whitch is affecting my groin area, I have tried several products but none gives much help I am trying Epaderm witch has taken the redness off but not the burning itchiness, can you suggest something
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could've psoriasis, fungal infection, eczema

Detailed Answer:
redness, itching, burning and flakiness in groin area could be due to

Fungal infection- well defined scaly dry lesions seen( tinea cruris)
intertrigo- red macerated lesions seen in groin area( due to friction, fungus or bacteria)
psoriasis- red macerated well defined lesions in groins. Other areas over body might have typical lesions of psoriasis.
seborrheic dermatitis- well defined red itchy areas with greasy scales. Similar involvement seen over scalp and other body areas.

out of all these fungal infection is most common.
All of these conditions can be differentiated by clinically examining the lesion. Treatment can only be suggested, once the diagnosis has been made.
So I would request you to send me a good resolution image of the affected area. This would help me in carrying our discussion further regarding management. In the interim, you may apply clotrimazole cream mixed with hydrocortisone cream twice in a day. The combination would act against all these differentials and offer you relief. a for itching, you may take tablet cetirizine.

Hoping to hear from you soon.