Have psoriasis of scalp, itching in anus. Taken polysporin, dermatest, hydrocortisone. What is it?

Question
I have been diagnosed with psorisis of the scalp. Here recently I have developed some disturbing itching sensation around my anus and up the crack of my buttocks. I googled and I thought that it was a fungal infection but once I dug deeper into the problem I discovered that it could be XXXXXXX psorisis. I've been using polysporin, dermatest, and hydrocortisone but nothing really seems to work. I'll start one product and then a couple days later the itching is back to the point to where its unbearable. I'm literally scratching till I bleed which I don't even realize it till its to late. My skin is real red a kinda clear silky looking there's a dark ring around my anus which I don't recall it being there before all this started taking place. I also had 2 bumps pop of which freaked me out with worry but they weren't clusters and not painful just itchy. I wound up popping them and it was a clear fluid that oozed out and the next day was gone. Does this by chance describe my condition. I most defiantly need to go back to my doctor since he prescribed me medicine for my scalp psorisis But I am just so embarrassed that me being 27 that I have this such nightmare on my anus UGH HeLP
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Please don't be embarrassed of your condition. I definitely think you should visit your treating doctor rather than self diagnosis and applying medications.

However, from the symptoms you mention, it is quite possible that this could be anal psoriasis. It is necessary to rule out other conditions like fungal infections , herpes , fecal matter irritating the perianal skin etc.

In the meantime:
1. Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
2. Reduce Stress, by yoga and relaxation techniques.

Do visit your doctor for an accurate diagnosis.

Hope this helps.I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan