Have psoriasis. Getting itchy red patches on the shoulders and around the belly. Any cure?

Sep 2012

I have psoriasis. Recently I am getting itchy red patches on the shoulders and around the belly. Please help me. My email address is YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
You have psoriasis. Now, the lesions on shoulder and belly, with peeling of skin denotes a relapse of psoriasis.
But it should be confirmed by clinical examination. In psoriasis, Auspitz sign is positive.
Psoriasis is of 6 types
Pustular, guttate, plaque, localized, generalised, erythroderma.
So, clinical examination is also very important for proper categorization.

For its treatment, there is many options like
1. Using photomicrotherapy.
2. Medicine like retinoids, cyclosporin A, Methotrexate, hydroxyurea, systemic corticosteroids, dapson, adalimumab.
3. You have to consult with dermatologist for further clinical examination, investigation, and for selecting the right treatment modality.

Hope, the information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.