Have psoriaris, discoloration on face. Could this be due to my psoriasis?

I am suffering from psoriasis. Recently, I noticed that there are skin discolorations on my face. Could this be due to my psoriasis?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

I went through the pictures posted by you ,but unfortunately the pictures were not very clear, probably the resolution was poor.But it seemed that you are having some vague hypo-pigmented patches on face (light colored patches).

If this is what is your concern then let me assure you that it is not related to psoriasis .

But such light colored patches appear due to dry skin and excess exposure to sunlight (especially if you have gone out to beaches).If this is due to dry skin then it is called as Pityriasis alba.And if it is due to exposure to sunlight then it is called as Polymorphic light eruption.

In psoriasis one usually observes silver white scales over a red base.

You just need to apply a good sunscreen daily when you step out in sun and use a moisturizer when you are indoor.If this doesn't help much then use a mild steroid cream over the patch for few days.

Hope I've answered your query.
Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.