Have pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Taking ramipril. Why do I feel hot and dizzy while walking?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
I have suffered from intence dizzy spells when waking in the morning also very hot just wondering if ramipril 1.25mg can be the cause have passed out a few time with them this year. I have psuedoxanthoma elasticum which may be complicating things I am 54 otherwise fit and work as nurse any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Genetics

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Pseudoxanthoma elasticum may affect cardiovascular and gastrointestinal system.
It also predisposes for early atherosclerosis.
Affection of cardiovascular system with low brain perfusion & atherosclerosis in carotid arteries may cause decreased brain blood supply and may cause your defined symptoms.
As such ramipril is not associated with defined symptoms and decreased blood pressure may cause your defined symptoms.
Let me know the timing of ramipril intake.
As such there is no correlation between hysterectomy and defined symptoms.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for 2 D echo, electrocardiography and CT/ MRI imaging studies of brain.
You should take proper nutrition.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Have pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Taking ramipril. Why do I feel hot and dizzy while walking? 51 minutes later
Thank you for the reply which is very helpful. I take the ramipril in the morning.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 minutes later
You should keep watch on your blood pressure after taking ramipril in the coming days.
Any type of blood pressure variations may be judged by close scrutiny.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Have pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Taking ramipril. Why do I feel hot and dizzy while walking? 15 minutes later
thnak you will do

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 10 minutes later
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava