Have pseudo tumor cerebri. Having headache and whooshing ears. Any idea?

My son has pseudo tumor cerebri. He has a bad headache today and a new symptom of whooshing in the ears. Any idea the cause?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
As you know this condition is also called as Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension ( IIH ) and there is elevated cerebrospinal fluid pressure in the absence of any mass in brain in this condition.
It is very common for patients of  IIH to  experience headache which may get aggravated by changes in position.  There may be a ringing or a "whooshing" sound in the ear. A patient may experience double vision

In this disorder, it is common to have momentary loss of vision known as "transient obscurations of vision".  The visual loss may be mild to severe. If severe and untreated, it can result in blindness. The optic nerves are usually swollen in appearance. 

Most patients are treated with medications to lower the cerebrospinal fluid pressure.However in patients,who don't respond to medications,surgery is the answer.
Be in touch with your neurosurgeon and must consult him.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck