Have protein and blood in urine. Suggested kidney biopsy. What to do?

hi, my husband has protein in the urine and also blood in urine. after so many tests, nephrologists advised to go for kidney biopsy. please explain what does th
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for you query.

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Nephrology, working with an experienced Nephrologist. I answer on his behalf.

Blood and/ protein in the urine is a sign of Nephritic syndrome. This is where there is distortion in the microscopic structure of the kidney and better identified by a biopsy test only.

I suggest him to go through the test to know the exact cause of the problems he has.

Hope, I answered your query.