Have prostatitis, calcium lump on testicle and enlarged lymph node in groin. What is the problem?

Hi. I am 37 year old male diagnosed with prostatitis , calcium lump on the left testicle. I have noticed now a enlarged lymph node in right groin. Can this be related to the prostatitis or the testicle problem?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
The enlarged lymph node is unlikely to be due to either of prostatitis or the testicular calcium lump.
Common causes of enlarged groin lymph nodes include unnoticed injuries to lower limbs or a skin infection of the legs or thighs or scrotum. Quite often, they are due to non-specific inflammation and resolve spontaneously.
If there is no pain or fever, wait and watch and see if it disappears. If it persists beyond 2 weeks, or if the enlargement becomes more, probably not a bad idea getting it examined primarily to know what we are dealing with. Some physicians recommend getting a needle aspirate of the swelling by a pathologist to see the kind of cells which are present. As I said earlier, this is most likely not going to be required if the lymph node disappears on its own.
Hope I have been able to help you.