Have problem with sensitive and sore skin. Suggest the treatment

Dermatologist
Question
have a skin problem.all week skin on back feels sensitive and prickly.today my lower stomach feels the same but also feels sore.clothes irritate the problem aswell.thanks
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. I would like to know few additional things to reach a diagnosis. 1. Do you have sensitivity all over back or in a particular part of back. 2. Do you have pain? If yes Is it all over or in particular part of back. 3 Are there any lesions on back like rash or any thing else. Please answer the above so I can help you better. waiting for your response. thank you

Follow-up: Have problem with sensitive and sore skin. Suggest the treatment 2 hours later
mostly irritates middle of back.no pain.its generally itchy prickly feeling on back and bottom of stomach.clothes irritate it worse.no lesions or rashes showing.thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. sometimes this type of hyper sensitivity and irritation is seen in cases of herpes zoster( shingles). Usually shingles presents with water filled rash but can present even as a hypersensitive area. please apply calamine lotion in day an lignocaine gel in night. Also take cetrizine tablet daily in night. Do this daily for a week. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you.