Have problem of wetting the bed. Underlying cause?

I am a 39 year old women and for the last several months I have been wetting the bed what can I do.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical review, diabetes screen and urine culture

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The two main possibilities are a weakness of the pelvic floor. It might necessary to consult a gynecologist or urogynecologist if available in your area. A proper clinical review of course forms the main basis of diagnosis. The specific tests shall be oriented by clinical exam . However, urine analysis and culture, fasting blood sugar are initial and indispensable tests in the evaluation process.

I suggest you book an appointment with a gynecologist. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.