Have problem of sleeping more and takes more effort. Was on Vitamin D3 medicine. Suggest?

Excellent

Question
from last few months or may be more, I have observed that there is high tendency to sleep more....it takes lot more effort if I compare about my previous years.

last medication (Oct'12 onwards) which I took was for Vitamin D3. At that point in time the D3 level was too low

Pls suggest
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably a routine change.

Detailed Answer:

With the limited information provided, it is difficult to comment on the same. I would like to know few more details so that I can guide you better.
- How many hours do you sleep normally?
- Nowadays, what makes you feel that your sleep has increased?
- Do you feel tired or sleepy during daytime?
- What is your height and weight?
- Did you notice any sudden change in your weight?
- Had anyone suggested that you snore during sleep?
- How is the sleep quality at present?

The above answers may point towards any possible causes. Other than that, it can be a general change in routine which causes a sleep increase. This can happen when there is increased stress during working hours.

Let me know of the details, so that I can get back to you with an answer.

Follow-up: Have problem of sleeping more and takes more effort. Was on Vitamin D3 medicine. Suggest? 13 hours later

Sir,

Pls find below answers of your questions

- How many hours do you sleep normally?.......9-10 hrs
- Nowadays, what makes you feel that your sleep has increased?....DONT KNOW
- Do you feel tired or sleepy during daytime?.....YES I DO FEEL TIRED AND LOW ON ENERGY BY THE TIME IT IS 8-9 PM
- What is your height and weight?......HGT: 5 FEET 7 INCH...WGT: 70 KG
- Did you notice any sudden change in your weight?......NOT REALLY
- Had anyone suggested that you snore during sleep?......YES MY WIFE DID ON A FEW OCCASIONS
- How is the sleep quality at present? .......VERY DEEP

Please suggest

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Proper investigations and check up required.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the reply.

Reading through your details, it seems that you may have some irregularities in your thyroid levels. This can be confirmed only after a physical examination and proper investigations. Sleep increase can be seen in patients with a low thyroid levels. So please get yourselves checked by an XXXXXXX medicine Specialist to rule out any other possibilities. XXXXXXX medicine specialist is someone who has an MD in XXXXXXX Medicine.

Hope this gives you a guidance for further action regarding your difficulty. Let me know if I can assist you further.