Have problem of premature ejaculation. History of masturbation and was treated for depression. Took serlift. Developed insomnia. Cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello sir...I hv severe problem of premature ejaculation.I had a history of excessive masturbation and was under treatment for depression.I took XXXXXXX 25 for almost five years.now I don't take any antidepressent but I hv developed insomnia.I m 33 year old and married for 3 years and hv a 2 year old kid.but I am sexually not satisfied at all.me and my wife communicate very well.I take some homoepaphy medicine for they have limited effect.I also consulted my psychiatrist but I don't want to get back to those antidepresents as hv developed insomnia due to them and it may get even works.if taking depoxitine would be use full though its also an SSRI.plz help.
It typo serlift 25 not XXXXXXX 25
XXXXXX

The
Thanks in advance
XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Premature Ejaculation

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking anti depressant medicines for 5 years and now facing problem of premature ejaculation.

This is due to combined effect of your psychiatric illness and to some extent due to anxiety.

Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.

As you have said there is good communication between you and your wife, her cooperation will be of much help to resolve your issue of premature ejaculation.

Guidance of qualified specialist in sexual medicine will be of much help to modify sex techniques so that you can enjoy your sexual life..

Though Dapoxetine belongs to SSRI group and has anti depressant action it's use as on demand medication will not have long term side effects. I personally will suggest you to have a trial for few days .

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Have problem of premature ejaculation. History of masturbation and was treated for depression. Took serlift. Developed insomnia. Cure? 16 minutes later
Thanx for ur reply sir....sorry but i have tried all ur advise except depoxitine..and i am a complete teetotaler.i guess there is no treatment except SSRIs..and i wanted to avoid them..becoz insomnia is just unbearable...i want to make it clear that i am not in depression now...
Are Urologists also Sexologist..whom shoud i consult a urologist,a sexologist or a psychiatrist.or should i rely on homaoepathy....or bear it for lifetime...i am perplexed.plz help.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Urologist and Sexologist are different specialist .You have to consult sexologist who will guide you to modify sex techniques and to follow different methods to delay ejaculation.

You have practising all measures which I have suggested earlier but you have to keep in mind that you have to achieve your goal and take efforts for a long time without loosing confidence, It may take several months to get the results I am sure there is light of hope at the end of the tunnel.

You can certainly have a trial of Dapoxetine for few days as on demand (Not on regular basis)and continue if found suitable to you and have minimal side effects..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Have problem of premature ejaculation. History of masturbation and was treated for depression. Took serlift. Developed insomnia. Cure? 1 hour later
thanx for reply...one last question..is depoxitine available over the counter..or prscription is required..thanks.

Hello
Tanks for writing again.
Dapoxetine is scheduled drug and available only on prescription of a qualified registered medical practioner.
You have to get prescription from your family Physician.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.