Have problem of irregular periods from starting. Should I be concerned?

I am nineteen years old and have had my period for about four years now however I have never experienced a regular period, what does that mean?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anovulatory periods

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

What you are experiencing is Anovulatory periods, means there is no proper ovulation taking place. Kindly reply me how are your periods, the duration of blood flow? and what is the frequency (gap between the periods) of your periods?.. There are many causes for abnormal periods, and depending on your menstrual history I can come to a conclusion.

Have you ever undergone any blood investigations and any ultrasound?

Awaiting your response.