Have problem of irregular periods. No periods till 42nd day of cycle. Pregnancy test negative. Suggest?

Respected Doctor,
I'm 26 years old, few months before i got married, At the time of marriage, after 60days i got the periods for the first time, Next month on 24th day i got periods,

Normally my periods would fall between 40 to 45days, I took the Pregnancy test_but the result was negative, Today it is 42nd day still no periods,

I dont know the solution, kindly spare some time and revert me with your solution

Thank you
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 16 minutes later

As your periods always fall between 40-45 days, your ovulation is most likely to fall around the 30th day as ovulation usually occurs 14 days prior to the next cycle. In such a situation, a home pregnancy test may not give you a confirmed result at this early stage.

As your cycles at the time of your marriage seem to have been disturbed, it is also likely that this hormonal disturbance may take some time to settle. In the current scenario, I would suggest that you get serum beta-hCG test to confirm/exclude pregnancy. If you do not get your cycle even after a week, please see a specialist and also get a trans-vaginal sonogram.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.