Have problem of alopecia. Have lost hair in that portion and is spreading. Took injections. Is it the right treatment?

Hello Doctor, I am XXXX 32 years old and I have problem of alopecia. On my face I have lost hair in a year and that portion of the face is totally clean and it is spreading slowly to my whole face. It has also an effect on my back of head where I have lost hairs. It looks like a patch and very bad.
I have visited a skin specialist today and he gave me a injection on the effected portion of face and head.
The medicine he prescribed are as follows.
1 - Rantac 150
2 - Zempred 8
3 - Bigtrin plus
4 - halox lotion
5 - Folifast medicinal hair tincture

Please suggest if this treatment is okay?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
treatment is perfect

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us
From the description and treatment provided, it seems you are having alopecia areata. It is characterised by oval patches of hair loss. Sometimes it can be progressive and seems to involve other areas as is the case with you. You seem to be having alopecia areata which is progressing.
Treatment is usually in the form of oral, topical and injectable steroids( in your case zem pred is an oral steroid, halox a topical steroid and injections of steroids mostly triamcinolone has been given by the doctor).
Follifast tincture is an irritant containing salicylic acid vitamin k etc that induces hair growth. Bigtrin plus is a hair supplement and rantac is an antacid commonly co prescribed to reduce gastric side effects of steroid.

The above treatment has been given to control the progression of disease and induce hair growth.

My advise to you is to follow the prescription diligently and remain under your doctor's follow up. The prescription is perfect. Response may require two to three months

Hope this helped.