Have problem in digesting the food resulting in stomach pain. Feel gas all the time. Suggest?

i have problem in digesting the food. When i have food on late hours it is not digesting and creates pain in stomach. I couldnt have spicy foods too. I feel gas at most of the times. Please suggest food and how to control it.
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 29 hours later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I think you are suffering from acid peptic disease.

Take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like itopride.

Avoid fatty and spicy meals and tea
Don't lie down soon after meals at least for 1 hour

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.