Have pressure type headache that makes head feels heavy and making upper body feel heavy. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
I have a pressure type headache that makes my head feel very heavy and it is also making my upper body feel heavy as well.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Looking at your age and the symptoms it will be prudent that you get a medical examination done as soon as possible.

2. I am assuming that you are referring to a middle ear inflammation and not an inner ear inflammation which would require a Scan to evaluate further. Is your hearing normal? Do you have any vertigo (dizziness)?

3. A pressure headache may be due to sinusitis which may also cause the ear symptoms. An ear and eye examination along with a Neurologist's opinion is a must. Is your blood pressure normal? Tylenol will only mask the symptoms, and is not a cure.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.