Have pressure on eye, numbness in tongue and lip, head and neck pain. Proper cure?

ENT Specialist
My symptoms:

Pressure above eyes and near temple

Complete numbness in tongue, roof of mouth and lips

And did have shooting pains/pressure across back of head and down back of neck especially when bending forwards to pick something up.
Also had a rotten smell in my nose but that seems to have passed ( had smell for about 3-4 days)

Rest of symptoms been around for about 10 days now
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 48 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.

The symptoms you describe seem to be related to acute pan sinusitis. It can cause acute frontal headache with the rotten which you had felt earlier was due to infected post nasal drip. Severe pain on the back of head upto vertex is characteristic of sphenoidal sinusitis.

In would however need to run a few test to confirm the possibility. You may discuss with your treating doctor and plan for the following tests:

(a) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses.
(b) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

In the interim you can take

(1) inhalation thrice a day

Antibiotic and nasal decongestant may be added after your visiting your ENT surgeon.

I hope this will help you. Let me know if you need clarifications