Have pressure around inner and exterior part of eye. Treated for sinusitis with antibiotics and nasal spray

I have a light pressure feeling around the inner and top exterior part of my left comes and goes. I have had it about a month....I was recently treated for sinusitis with antibiotics and nasal spray but this pressure has not gone away.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Varnika J.P. 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Simple home remedies can help

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your query,

Eye pain is a common accompaniment in cases of sinusitis.
this is due to the involvement of ethmoid sinus which lies directly behind the eyes.

the persistance of pressure in the eyes even after a course of antibiotics is seen in some patients owing to some residual infection in the sinus

this can be easily treated by a combination of-
1. nasal sprays
2. hydrotherapy
3. massages
4. drinking loads of fluids
5. taking specific anti biotics

Hydroterapy for sinuses mainly depends on increasing and improving circulation to the sinuses helping in better aereation and hence lesser chances of infection of the sinuses.
some of the steps include-

-steam inhalation with hot water
-hot showers
-heating pads

apart from these some home tips include-

-sleeping in an elevated position will help drain the sinuses due to gravity
-apply cotton dipped in wan water over eyes to relive pressure
- breathing exercises also help relieve congestion and hence the eye pressure
- decongestants and nasal sprays will also help in minimising the pain

in severe cases where th pain and congestion are not relieved over period of months your doctor may advise you to go in for surgical approach. in this the surgeon drills into the sinus and manually drains it. this also helps in better aeration and prevents further chances if infection.

Thank you or your query,
Wishing you good health
you can contact me for any follow up questions
Follow-up: Have pressure around inner and exterior part of eye. Treated for sinusitis with antibiotics and nasal spray 3 hours later
Thankyou..will try all those steps for sinus relief...just cleaned mounds of dust and mold from under my bed.....should help!
Answered by Dr. Varnika J.P. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the feedback

Detailed Answer:

Yes, I hope these home tips and simple pointers help you to recover soon.

wishing you a speedy recovery.
you can contact me for any further questions
wishing you a good day