Have premature ovarian failure. Was on estradiol and promethium. Started feeling vaginal dryness, anxiety and hot flashes

Question
Hi I have premature ovarian failure. I was on 1mg estradiol and 100 mg promethium and was fine for a year. But I started feeling some vaginal dryness again an so was prescribed 2mg estradiol but am now feeling lot of anxiety and hot flashes too.never had hot flashes on 1mg estradiol.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX, thanks for the asking the query on XXXXXXX

The symptoms of premature ovarian failure are due to decreased estrogen levels. But in your case your symptoms increased even on increasing the dose of estrogen which is an unexpected phenomenon.

In my opinion you can try non drug measures to relieve your hot flushes and anxiety like phytoestrogens (isoflavones) and soyproteins. Soybean is a good source for both of these.

In case, your symptoms are still not relieved then you can consult your treating doctor for further changes in estradiol doses.

Good Luck.
Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have premature ovarian failure. Was on estradiol and promethium. Started feeling vaginal dryness, anxiety and hot flashes 1 hour later
Could it be that the progestrone i am taking is less for the 2mg estradiol%3F

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 28 hours later

I am sorry to respond to your answer very late. I was very busy for the whole day yesterday.

As I told you, these hot flushes are vasomotor symptoms which are due to decreased estrogen levels and not due to decreased progesterone levels. So, measures( which I mentioned to you),to improve the levels of estrogen will help you.

Good Luck.
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have premature ovarian failure. Was on estradiol and promethium. Started feeling vaginal dryness, anxiety and hot flashes 2 days later
Hi thank you. I think what i am experiencing is anxiety

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 7 hours later

Its really good that you now understand your problem. I will advise you to try yoga for anxiety.

In case you find any difficulty, you can ask me on my URL given above.

Good luck.