Have pregnancy symptoms but negative pregnancy test. Is there a way to examine myself and find out for sure?

hellohello my name is XXXXXXX and I'm 18 years old abd I believe I'm pregnant but ever test I do comes up - and I have all the signs of pregnancy no doc wants to examan me because I have no medical coverage is ture a way I can do N exam on myself to find out for sure is there an exam I can do on myself at home to tell if I'm pregnant or not
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 32 minutes later

Examination findings are very subtle to be detected during early pregnancy; so we often rely on laboratory test to diagnose pregnancy.

To detect whether you are pregnant or not, a urine pregnancy test at home with test kit is the most safe and easiest method. The kits are easily available at pharmacy. If there is any doubts with the result you can go for blood hCG levels and or ultrasound abdomen.

I understand your concern. But I do not think you can examine yourself to confirm pregnancy. Consult a gynecologist and go for the tests (if possible) to detect pregnancy.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

Best Regards