Have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Not cured by hydroquinone 4% solution. Suggest medicine

hi i post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and i have used hydroquinone 4% solution and it didnt work for me. What is the best medication for that. It is between my inner thights ang vagina area
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is difficult to treat entity.It can take a long time to clear.
4% hydroquinone can work in such cases.How long have u used the solution?

You can use kligmans formula containing steroid ,tretinoin and hydroquinone works much better than HQ alone.It is available as over the counter preparation.
Also only steroid cream like betamethasone or mometasone can help in lightening the skin.
Also some clinic based procedures like chemical peeling,microdermabrasion, Laser can help to lighten the pigmented skin.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for any follow up.

Follow-up: Have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Not cured by hydroquinone 4% solution. Suggest medicine 34 minutes later
Thank you Dr Sud.

Actually Im in St. XXXXXXX and has had these all the life. I hope that I can get to put on my bathing suit after I have treated my skin
Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 minutes later
Hi again,
You can use any of the options mentioned above for three months.Your pigmentation will certainly get lightened and you can use bathing suit again.

if you are satisfied with the answer please accept it and rate it at the end.