Have positive result for herpes. Noticed a boil on thigh. Feeling burning sensation. No fluid inside. Herpes?

i have had a positive test result for herpes 2. it has been about seven years since the test, and that i know of i have been asymptomatic. but a few days ago i got what i thought was just another "boil" on my thigh (ive gotten them there before and my doc had to XXXXXXX them). but tonight it was burning bad, so i checked and its a big (about dime size) purple spot. but its flat and evenly colored and shows no sign of fluid. can this be the herpes? oh, by thge way, it doesnt itch. just sting and burn.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
It does not appear like herpes.
Herpes always appears with fluid filled lesions and also there should be some itch.

It can be just be a bruise.
I would like to see a photograph of the lesion, this will help me in a closer diagnosis.

Waiting for you response,
Thank you
Follow-up: Have positive result for herpes. Noticed a boil on thigh. Feeling burning sensation. No fluid inside. Herpes? 22 hours later
i uploaded a pic of the spot under the "upload new reports" option. i dont know if you're able to view that or not. but i could find no way to attach it to this message. but anyway, now it looks a little different. its raised and has a dimple in the center. kinda like a donut shape. i saw something like this when research herpes, on a site that talked about things mistaken for herpes. but i can remember what its called. let me know what you think. again, it only stings and burns and hurts. no itching. and mostly at night.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
I got the photograph.
Dont worry it is not herpes.
Herpes lesions are very superficial and fluid filled.
This lesion looks like a bacterial folliculitis.
Apply an anti bacterial ointment and take oral antibiotic also.
For pain you can take tab combiflam.
Soon you will be fine.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you