Have poor erection and premature ejaculation. Was suggested exercise and Prilox gel before intercourse. Suggest?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Doctor,

I have few queries
It is related to proper eredtion of the organ and quick ejaculation. Some exercise was suggested and before intercourse Prilox gel was suggested to apply.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more info to understand case better.

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     40 year old female
•     Complaints of: Poor erection and quick ejaculation

Sexual problems are one of the difficult problems to treat, if not diagnosed properly. In treatment main focus is treat the cause of problem.

Prilox gel contain lignocaine, which is a common local anesthetic. It increase ejaculation time by decreasing penile sensation in hypersensitive individual. But it is not useful for erection.

Sexual problem may occur secondary to medical illness (physical cause), psychological problem and substance use.

It will be better if you provide following information to understand and treat you better:
-Are you doing exercise or using prilox gel? Do you perceive improvement?
-For how long you are sexually active?
-Duration and nature of problem.
-Do you have any medical illness or stress or substance use issues?
-Are you taking any medicines?

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have poor erection and premature ejaculation. Was suggested exercise and Prilox gel before intercourse. Suggest? 4 hours later
-Are you doing exercise or using prilox gel?
No as of now I am not using Prilox gel. Doing Morning Walk but still I am bulky . I am around 5'10'' and weight is 90kgs.

Do you perceive improvement?
Yes , when I use it and it gives result, but my wife requires some time and unable to hold it till her satisfection comes.

-For how long you are sexually active?
5-7 minutes

-Duration and nature of problem.-Do you have any medical illness or stress or substance use issues?-Are you taking any medicines?

It is since my marraige days, I have a son .Problem is about the duration.

I donot have any illness now apart from obesity . Also I am in banking Job where it is very demanding and yes it is stressfull.

Also the gap between two sessions are incresing to weeks . She is becoming less interested about it. Her age is 35 .

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following steps will be great help for you.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 Min. In your case it is 5-7 Min. If you want to increase it further you can use stop start technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation stop all movements, relax and think about something else. Then wait for 1 minute before starting movements. According to number of stops, ejaculation time will come under your control.

Prilox gel increase ejaculation time by decreasing penile sensation. In my view it is not good option for you as it will delayed orgasm in your wife by decreasing vaginal stimulation. In place of it, you can use Kohinnor extra time condom, as it increases ejaculation time by same mechanism, without showing effect in female partner. Also increase foreplay time, as it will increase chances of orgasm in your wife.

Erectile dysfunction can be a result of a psychological or physical problem.

In Psychological causes stress is most common cause. Physical causes include: drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease and chronic diseases.

In your case risk factors are: sedentary life style, obesity and stress. Obesity further increases risk of developing stress, hormonal imbalance (fat increases female hormone estrogen in body), diabetes and high BP.

Considering risk factors, following steps is needed to improve erection in your case:
-Get blood sugar and blood pressure checked. Get treatment if values are high.
-Do not take any stress. If it is there, then ventilate to it some close friend or family members.
-Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise (like: Jogging, skipping and cycling) daily. It will increase blood flow all over body and will reduce stress. It will also help in reducing weight, which is most important in your case.
-Decrease fat and sweet intake.
-The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is sildenafil (Viagra) or Tadalafil (Megalis), which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting, but should be taken after prescription. It is important to rule out medical conditions specially related to cardiovascular system before starting such treatment.

So, follow above all steps. Although improvement may take some time in few individual, but result will be positive.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have poor erection and premature ejaculation. Was suggested exercise and Prilox gel before intercourse. Suggest? 22 hours later
Thank You doctor for the advice,Defenitely will work on this. Can I use Lox gel 2% which is having lignocaine. Actually premature ejaculation is main issue for us now. Others are less important. In this case I will start practicing your suggestion. Still would ask you uase of this gels helps me to continue it for long period . What do you suggest??

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can continue it.

Detailed Answer:

If this is the case, then you can continue it.