Have poor digestion. Suggest some medicine to digest food and improve metabolism

Gastroenterologist
Question
My digestion is v v poor , I am on a probiotic and some digestive enzyme . Both are not helping me , could you suggest me something that helps to digest my food and improves my metabolism .
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 51 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I would be answering your question.

First I would like to know why you say you have poor digestion.

What symptoms you have?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Have poor digestion. Suggest some medicine to digest food and improve metabolism 1 hour later
Hi Doctor

Thankd for your reply

I have attached a report that clearly states that there is a severe pancreatic insufficiency .
Symtoms :

1. Fullness in stomach
2. bloated
2. constipated , now i have a history of Anal Fissure.

Please let me know how could i improve these low levels..

regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 25 hours later
If you have pancreatic insufficiency which is causing symptoms of maldigestion, then you require pancreatic enzyme supplements for proper digestion and relief of symptoms like fullness and bloating.

I would suggest that further evaluation with tests like abdominal CT scan and upper GI endoscopy may be done.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Have poor digestion. Suggest some medicine to digest food and improve metabolism 53 minutes later
Hi doctor

I submitted my report for your evaluation , for which I see no feedback .
I have already taken The abdominal ct scan and upper gi endoscopy , all looks normal.

Well is there anything else that you would recommend ?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 36 hours later
I went through your report.
You have Blastocystic hominis infection. It is sometimes seen in stool of healthy individuals also. There is no specific treatment and it will clear on its own.

Other organisms found are not considered to be significant.

You have moderate pancreatic insufficiency. You may need pancreatic enzyme supplements for relief of symptoms.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini