Ask a Homeopath   »  

Have poor circulation in both legs and walking is difficult without in-between rest. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have poor circulation in both my legs and walking becomes more difficult all the time. I need to rest my feet and legs after a short walk. My family doctor agrees with me to approach a private clinic as the waiting time here in Alberta is of the charts. I am 70 years old and my quality of life is going downhill fast. I need to get the procedure done now as time goes on and I want to get this done shortly.
Thank you
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Yoga
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 24 hours later

Thanks for writing in

Considering the fact that you are 70 years old and a known patient of high blood pressure, with the information you have provided there are chances that you are suffering from atherosclerotic peripheral vascular disease

What you need to get done first is a good color doppler and / or an angiogrpahy of peripheral vessels

If you are used to smoking avoid that and it will help improve quality of life

Peripheral vasodilators may be of some help till you get to the clinic for management

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead