Have polyp protruding from Urethra area. It seems to be infected and painful. Can polysporin be used?

I have a polyp protruding from my Urethra area. It appears to be infected and is quite painful right now. I believe this was exacerbated by a reoccurring yeast infection. Would it be sate for me to use polysporin on the polyp....given it is actually internal??
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi Dmkeeley,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The growth in urethra area may be a cyst, a polyp, a neoplasm, a papilloma.
In your case the top is infected to antibiotic cream polysporin will be helpful in healing the superficial infection but would not cure the fleshy growth.
It should be surgically excited and biopsied for histopathology.
So you should consult a local gynecologist for radical solution.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!