Have polycystic ovary. Noticed itchy white patches on inner thigh. How to cure this?

hi doc.. i m 25 yrs of age n 65 kgs n have polycystic ovaries.. i have big white patches on my inner thighs near panty line n on my outer vagina.. this area s really itchy n flalky , skin has turned very rough n disgusting.. pls help. i ve taken snaps by my self i can send if u need.. thanks
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 5 hours later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

I had a look at the pictures; it seems to be a condition known as intertrigo.

This is a mixed fungal and bacterial infection of the skin.

It happens due to heat and humidity and due to occlusion sometimes when tight fitting underwear is worn.

The treatment for this would be application of an antifungal and anti-bacterial cream on the affected area.
Clotrimazole or miconazole are effective antifungal creams which can be used and mupirocin cream is a good antibacterial cream that can be used.

I would recommend bathing twice a day and keeping the area dry.

Hope these recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Follow-up: Have polycystic ovary. Noticed itchy white patches on inner thigh. How to cure this? 2 hours later
thanks a lot doctor XXXXXXX .. hw and when do i need to apply those creams and since its fungal and bacterial can i apply both together... can u suggest any antifungal bacterial soap as well... and will it get completely healed ?? and usually how long wil it take , bcoz its bcme v annoying and in few months i am gona get married...
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

Both the creams can be mixed together and applied twice daily for two weeks.

It will take around two weeks for it to heal.

It will heal but it might leave some temporary darkening of the area behind.

Please don't worry about it, it will fade slowly over a few months.