Have polycystic ovaries. Prescribed trenaxa 500. When should I start the medicine?

Question
Hi doctor. I am 26 yrs old and I have polycystic ovaries since 7-10 yrs. I am married since May 2012. My doctor prescribed me Trenaxa 500 and asked me to have it for 3 months. I would like to know when can this medicine be started. (From the first day after period or can this be started anytime?)
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Tablet tranexa contains tranexaemic acid and is used to control a heavy bleeding during the periods. It is not used to regularize the periods. It is not prescribed continuously for three months for periods regulation.
You need to consult your gynecologist again for the proper prescription.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have polycystic ovaries. Prescribed trenaxa 500. When should I start the medicine? 7 minutes later
This tablet is spelled as "Trenaxa". I hope you were giving review of the same tablet. Awaiting response. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Please do specify the ingredients of the tablet to be sure. Trenaxa contains Tranexaemic acid as per my knowledge.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.