Have polycystic ovaries. Missing period and started spotting with cramps. What is wrong?

hi i have pso so i can go long time without a period but when i do have one its about the 30 or 1st and 7 days
but that time i had brown discharge on the 12th and only blood when i wipe self and didnt need to use pad had this for 12 days firm but tender chest still tender now and i am going to bathroom abit more and abit for belly craps started few days after spotting what can be wrong ?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 4 hours later

I could not understand what you meant by pso. If it is polycystic ovaries, then, and in view of your age, it is more likely that you are experiencing a breakthrough due to hormonal imbalance.

Ovulation in PCOD can be unpredictable and as such, if you are sexually active, you may have to exclude pregnancy with a fresh early morning sample, or better still, go for a serum beta-hCG titre and a trans-vaginal sonogram based on when you had your last period.

You should present yourself to a specialist for a physical exam and advice. If it turns out, that you are not pregnant, you may try to do some regular daily exercise and maintain a healthy body weight as reduction in body weight itself can correct the hormonal imbalance to a good extent.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.