Have polycystic ovaries. Have regular periods. Will i be able to conceive naturally?

Question
Hi

I have polycystic ovaries and day 21 blood test s have confimred ovulation but last month said I didnt ovulate. I have regular periods and cycles vary from 27-32 days, should I be able to conceive naturally. Is it normal that you don't ovulate every month, this is the only month where it show no ovulation, I think it could be stress as I was looking after my nana and she sadly passed away. I am so worried I wont conceive as I am 37
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Yes,you are right.
Patients with PCOS do not ovulate regularly and this is what results in their infertility.Although with regular treatment most of the patients with PCOS do conceive but the fact is that it is really very frustrating,demoralising and time consuming.
There is definitely some problem in conceiving naturally as the age increases because of reduction in ovarian reserve.
I advise you to consult a fertility specialist and plan your pregnancy under his/ her guidance.
There is no need to despair as conception is very much possible in modern medical science.Besides natural ways there are various IVF techniques which can make you pregnant and bear child.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Have polycystic ovaries. Have regular periods. Will i be able to conceive naturally? 2 hours later
My doctor wont refer me as he doesnt think there should be a problem as I do generallt ovulate it only last month I didnt

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
It is very good that you are ovulating every month as it is the most important factor for conception,but the protocol says that if a female above the age of 35 years has been trying naturally for pregnancy for past more than 6 months and not getting successful,should be subjected for complete evaluation of her along with her male partner.
I hope it helps you.
Thanks

Follow-up: Have polycystic ovaries. Have regular periods. Will i be able to conceive naturally? 10 hours later
Been to see GP today he happy with everything giving it to christmas

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
This is really good.
Best of luck to you.
In case you want to ask any thing any time,you are most welcome.
Thanks