Have polycyst ovary. Will it be safe to take birth control and perform intercourse?

Question
hello sir..i want to sex with my bf without using cndoms..i hva polycyst in my overy..so it may be harmful to use unwanted 72 or any pill fr birth control???
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 18 minutes later

Polycystic ovaries are not a contraindication to the usage of birth control pills. In fact, using birth control pills is one of the treatment regimes used to regularize the cycles in this condition. They have a dual beneficial role in that they help to regulate the hormonal balance in the body which is otherwise disturbed due to the PCOD as well as providing contraception.

You may have a complete evaluation and investigation with an experienced gynecologist to help regularize the hormonal balance and regress the condition and this would help you to avoid unnecessarily disturbing the hormonal milieu.

Practise safe intercourse by using birth control pills regularly; try to avoid emergency pills as much as possible. Please remember, the pills are not going to protect you from sexually transmitted diseases.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Have polycyst ovary. Will it be safe to take birth control and perform intercourse? 36 minutes later
i dnt undrstnd..is it is harmful or nt?

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 16 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

You may use birth control pills safely. You can see your consultant and get a prescription and instructions regarding mode of usage. Emergency pill usage should be restricted to just once or twice in a year as it contains very high level of hormone and is not safe for routine use. While using the birth control pills, in order to avoid uncomfortable side effects, you may choose the progestogen-only pills or micro-pills.

Hope I have made this clear. Please get back if you have any more queries. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Have polycyst ovary. Will it be safe to take birth control and perform intercourse? 5 minutes later
pls give the nme of pills and their routne

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Two medications suit your situation better- I give you the trade names- XXXXXXX and Diane-35.

Yasmin-has 28 tablets, start with the yellow pills on the first day of menstruation and use the white pills after all the yellow pills are over.

Diane-35 has 21 pills, taken from day 1 of the cycle and continued for 21 days at a stretch. There is a pill-free interval of 7 days.

You can choose any one after consulting your doctor and continue with the one that suits you best. You should take the pills in the evening preferably after a meal and at the same time everyday. If you miss a single dose, you may take it as soon as you remember or along with your next day's dose. If you miss two doses, you are no longer protected and you will need additional protection. As you are going to use them for the first time, you should use some other protection for the first week.

Hope I have clarified all your doubts. If you have no more queries, you may close this discussion.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.