Have pityriasis lichenoides, itchy rash, brown spots in groin. Should I be concerned?

Dermatologist
Question
I am 46 year old female and i was diagnosed with pityriasis lichenoides when I was 36. I presently have this rash and am very itchy. This morning I woke up with a number of round spots in my groin area that are brown in color and look like bruises that are healing. What can these spots be attributed to and how concerned should I be? As indicated, my skin - pretty much everywhere - is very itchy right now. I have not consistently experienced this type of itching with pityriasis lichenoides outbreaks, but I have eczema spots at this time as well.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 minutes later
It looks like you have developed a fungal infection in the groin. This is called as tinea cruris.
Pityriasis lichenoids rash wont appear so suddenly.
Apply an anti fungal powder like clotrimazole. This will help control itch as well as infection and will also keep the area dry.
Also take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine.
Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you.