Have pityrasis rosea. Is it linked to isothiazolinone allergy?

Hi I have been diagnosed with pityrasis rosea! Is they any link between this and isothiazolinone allergy. I cant except that there are no triggers to this condition and no treatment. I have had in 4 times now with 4-6 weeks break inbetween each episode. First was just under my arms and took 6 months to clear. second/ third all over my body including face inside ears eye lids really everywhere. This last and current episode is face severe neck and back ! Nothing helps have seen skin specialist, Gp and Naturopath HELP
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
P. Roseae is a disease with varied cause. It can be associated with drug as mentioned by you, but that is rare.
The most common association is with herpes virus 7.
It will be better to try a course of anti viral like acyclovir.
You can XXXXXXX a dermatologist and request for a prescription.
I would like to see the lesions, this will help me in ascertaining that you dont have any other disease. Please upload a photograph of the lesion. There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Follow-up: Have pityrasis rosea. Is it linked to isothiazolinone allergy? 16 minutes later
Currently at work so it is not possible to send a photo. The diagnosis was made via a skin biopsy if that helps
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up.
If biopsy was done then the diagnosis must be correct.
Please XXXXXXX the doctor once again and discuss regarding anti viral treatment.
Thank you