Have pinkish orange discharge before period date. Pregnancy test negative. What could it be?

Question
Hi. My wife's chums date is nearing. But today she noticed a Light pinkish-orange liquid discharge. Can i know what it exactly is???
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Your query is not clear. What do you mean by 'chums' date. Is it delivery date or menstrual cycle.

The color of the discharge appears to be blood. However I would like to know what do you mean by chums.

What exactly are your queries?

Let me know in detail.

Follow-up: Have pinkish orange discharge before period date. Pregnancy test negative. What could it be? 25 minutes later
I meant chums date as Menstrual cycle.

I had protected Sex with her on saturday. And usually her Menstruation dates are between 24th to 26th.

Today she noticed a Pinkish-orange drop of discharge.

Please suggest

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 hours later

The pinkish orange drop could be a variation of menstrual period. The menstrual period is very varying for women and it is expected to be of same time and days amongst women. If there is a slight change they would be worried. This is common. Good that you sought assistance here. You should just wait for few more days before a normal menstrual period.

If you worry is about accidental pregnancy do not think of it now. The chances of it are very less when you perform intercourse around the menstrual periods.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Follow-up: Have pinkish orange discharge before period date. Pregnancy test negative. What could it be? 2 hours later
Thanks for the query Doctor.

We had got the Pregnancy test done through Pregasure Test.

Its Negative.

Is it reliable??

Advise.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 56 minutes later
Pregasure test is reliable. You do not worry about pregnancy.