Ask a Urologist   »  

Have pink scar on penis. What could be causing this?

hi doctor i am having scars(like pale pink color) on glans of penis( left side around 1 cm) .to which doctor(Dermatologist /urologist) i have to consult and what is the reason behind it . i don't have any pain or nothing but its annoying me a lot. photographs are attached in PDF file
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.
I saw the images of the affected area.

They look like old fibrous tissue (usually secondary to repeated inflammation or trauma).

Did you have any history of infections there?
Was there any other problem there earlier?
As you say there is no pain, do you have any other symptoms, STDs, exposure, trauma?

You may consult either a dermatologist or a urologist.
If there was repeated infection in the area earlier, a urology consult seems better.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

It helps us to improve continuously if you could please write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!
Follow-up: Have pink scar on penis. What could be causing this? 25 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX Akole,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to inform you that i had boils on glans 1 year back and that was cured in 1 week. that time i consulted the doctor then he gave me the Potassium and suggested me to take few grains of potassium and mix up with mug of water and put my penis in water for 5 min. with that process i had cleared all my boils on glans with in 2 weeks and he gave me moisturizer.

After that now am having this problem.

I didn't have sex since past 5 years ( Am 28 years Old) hence,there is no chance of STD's.

i didn't get any physical damage.

what ever the reason please suggest me the proper medicine.its worrying me a lot.

Suggest me the proper medicine please.

Thanking you
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
Thanks for the update.
As I had guessed right, your problem is of the residual scarring by fibrosis following boils on the glans.
There is no medicine for it.

You can consult a urologist to have a physical examination to see if there are other complications like stricture/ narrowing of the urethra etc.
It can not be commented on from online consultation.

I do not think you have a major problem here.(unless there is deeper contracture-- will lead to irregular/ narrow stream)

I hope to have answered your query well.

Follow-up: Have pink scar on penis. What could be causing this? 20 hours later
ok..thanks for reply...

I will consult urologist shortly...
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 52 minutes later