Have pink colored cyst on scrotum under the skin, it doesn't hurt. Should I be concerned?

i have a pink colored cyst on my scrotum. It is not on the testicles but under the skin away from the testicles. Do I need to worry about it. It is the size of pea now and doesnt hurt or bother me at all.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sebaceous cyst or Enlarged follicular duct

Detailed Answer:

It does not seem worrisome. It could be sebaceious gland cyst or enlargement of hair follicle duct. Since it is not producing any symptom you should not carry it in your mind.

You can apply bacitracin and hot fomentation with damp hot cloth on it till it subsides.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Have pink colored cyst on scrotum under the skin, it doesn't hurt. Should I be concerned? 25 minutes later
Ok thank you! Is there a possibility it needs to be surgically removed if it does not go using the above methods. I think it has grown a little bit over the past 3 months but it is still not more than the size of a chick pea. It seems like it has a white milky substance which is quite firm but it doesnt hurt at all. Thank you again and I will heed your advice
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely a sebaceous cyst

Detailed Answer:
Yes if it does not subside in size, it requires a simple drainage under aseptic conditions by a primary care doctor.

Do not worry, this is half a minute procedure under local anesthesia and you can walk off immediately from the clinic.

Thank you.