Have pink bumps on penis shaft. Diagnosed with HSV 1. Applying triamcinolone acetonide cream

Dec 2012

Hello i have like pink bumps on my penis.. Shaft
Head and balls

But doctors have not really found out what it is.. Been taken the generic version of valtrex.

Hasnt really seemed to done anything
I have been diagnosed with HSV 1.. And have taken Triamcinolone acetonide cream USP 0.5%

Muripocin 22gramsĀ 

But still nothing..

What can it be?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query,

From your description it seems the pink bumps on your penis is genital warts or condylomata acuminata and it is an STD. This condition is caused by HPV. Unfortunately this condition can not be confirmed in the laboratory in men and diagnosis is based strictly on clinical examination of the doctor.
Treatment may include:
- A skin treatment done in the doctor's office
- Prescription medicine that you apply at home several times per week
Prescription medicines include:
- Imiquimod
- Podophyllin and podofilox combination OR
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
The warts may be removed with surgery, including:
- Cryosurgery
- Electrocauterization
- Laser therapy
- Surgical excision (cutting them out)
Now I will suggest that your doctor also screens you for syphilis and other STDs. Secondary syphilis could also turn up like bumps and also pose problems of diagnosis. If syphilis confirmed, long term treatment with a cause of antibiotics will be indicated and also surgical treatment to get rid of the bumps.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got any further questions.
Dr. Bernard
Follow-up: Have pink bumps on penis shaft. Diagnosed with HSV 1. Applying triamcinolone acetonide cream 1 hour later
It isnt warts either.

Thats already been confirmed.
I tested negative for syplius
t is most deff not anything that cud be an STD..
Everything came back negative but HSV 1 but it isnt gential herpes..

Its not an alergic reaction
It isnt viral
It isnt fungus
It isnt bacterial

Its stressing me out cuz idk whats going on with my " XXXXXXX ".
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for updating,

Then there is only one more thing to do, biopsy it to identify the cause of lesion. A pathologist will be able to analyze the sample and confirm cause before treatment can be done. A dermatologist's point of view is also needed in this.
You should get back your doctors so they can do a fine needle biopsy. You should not get stressed up, at times some diseases conditions can be difficult to manage even by the most competent doctors. If HSV 1 is confirmed, then maybe you should give sometime for the antiviral cream to act on and also oral antiviral medication should be continued. If medical treatment fails, then you are left with surgical treatment with follow-up with medical treatment.

Hope this can help.
Dr. Bernard