Have pinched nerve in thigh and knee. Having pain and feeling dizzy. Used avail. Help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a pinched nerve in my left thigh and knee. the pain is excruciating.It is also making me dizzy.
I have tried pain pills to no avail. This is the 3rd day and it does not seem to get better. Please help me.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 46 minutes later
The pain in the knee and the thigh due to a pinched nerve can be relieved with medicines like Pregabalin and Gabpentin. Taking Methylcobalamin supplements are also helpful.
Since most of the times, the nerve root is compressed at the level of the lumbar spine, taking a bed rest, mild pain killers in combination with muscle relaxants is helpful. You can also do a hot fomentation in your lower back for relief.
Since all the medicines required are prescription medicines, it is best to consult your orthopedician for a physical examination and get the required medicines prescribed according to the severity of symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.