Have pinched nerve in arm. Have pain, numbness, weakness and nerve pain. Suggested having frozen shoulder. Remedy?

i think i have a pinched nerve in my arm, and i've got pain, and numbness, weakness, and nerve pain in rt. arm. I was injured 9 months ago when i was trying to break up a multiple dog fight, and there was alot of pulling, jerking, of my arm. I've had 2 mri's, and they show nothing in arm, but i do have a bone spur, a disk bulge at c5, c6,...i think the doc said, but he and another neurologish said the arm pain wasnt coming from the neck...They said it was from the dog bite, and it was coming from my arm. After rotator cuff, and neck problems were ruled out, i was told that i had frozen shoulder...I had an MUA this past Tues, and i'm having all this pain in arm, and hand. I own a dog grooming business, and when i work, the pain is worse, and inflamation sets in..i'm in therapy, and i take my Neurontin, Naproxen, Robaxin, and Lortab. What can i do about my arm to get rid of all my pain, weakeness, and numbness?? I sure need HELP, so badly.. I HURT, HURT, HURT!!!!

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

I have read your query with diligence.

Yes, you are right. You have a pinched nerve in the arm.

If the pain were to come from the dog bite, it would not last this long. In my opinion, the bone spur and the disc bulge at C5 and C6 are responsible for your symptoms.

You are on the right medications, especially the Neurontin. It is very effective for these kinds of conditions. Continue taking all your current medications. You may consider adding Methylcobalamine or change your work to a more easy-to-do work. Continue the physiotherapy as well.

The frozen shoulder is gone now and that you have also had the MUA this past Tuesday.

In my view, you should revert to your neurologist and discuss about using a cervical collar for your neck, to prevent further disc bulge from occurring.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.