Have pimples and dark spots on face. Used zathrin. Looking for permanent solution

I usually let my hair untied, so short tresses which fall on face causes pimples which are actually kind of cyst & are quite painful which leaves behind dark spots.

To get rid of pimples i use Zathrin 250 & for dark spots i apply momate.

kindly give me a permanent solution.

Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
Hello dear,
zathrin as well as momet can be used only for a short period and both cannot give a long lasting cure.
In addition both of them have lot of side effects.

Today retinoids are the treatment of choice,
you can use adapelene gel daily in night, for 2 months. This will give a long lasting result. just remember, you should not get pregnant while applying this gel.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you
Follow-up: Have pimples and dark spots on face. Used zathrin. Looking for permanent solution 7 minutes later

I would like to know, will adapelene gel be effective for prevention of pimples as well as for the scars treatment?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
Ya it will take care of both.

you should apply it only in night and never in day.
In day you must apply a sunscreen with 30+ spf.

Thank you