Have pimples and black spot. Skin started peeling after using derma dew acne soap. Side effect?

Hi Doctor,

My doctor has prescribed a Minoz OD daily for 2 weeks and use derma dew acne soap to get rid off my pimples and blackspot. But when I use Derma dew acne soap, my skin is getting peeled off and seems like my skin is getting removed. Is this a side effect or allergy or normal? Can i continue using derma dew soap ?
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 13 minutes later
Dermadew acne soap as such is a mild soap. However in your case, it might not be suiting to your skin type. Acne soaps may lead to mild dryness or mild stretching feeling of skin. However extreme dryness leading to skin peeling is an untoward effect. So I would rather advise you to stop using it. You can instead use a very mild soap cetaphil cleansing lotion. It is a very mild liquid wash and keeps skin well hydrated and is not at all comedogenic( acne causing)

Apart from minoz and dermadew acne soap, you must be using some topical creams. I would like to know the name of those creams and how do you apply them. As sometimes dryness could be due to improper application of creams too.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.