Have pimples. Prescribed azithral and ciprofloxacin. Having prolonged periods with brown discharge. Continue medication?

Hello dr, I have many pimples on my face so I went to dermatologist and she prescribed me azithral 500 mg for 3 days a week for 3weeks before that I had to take ciprofloxacin tab for 5 days morning and evening , but since I have started taking azithral my periods started and still didnot stop ,in the beginning i had dark brown discharge and in between I had red bleeding but not much most of it which I m getting is very very dark brown discharge,before this month my period did stop in middle and the flow was very little, so I guessed mayb it's the previous menses flow which is being out, my marriage is in next month and I m abit stressed about this I want to know should I stop these tablets?tomorrow my course of the tablet ll b over..
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The irregular pattern of bleeding that you are having is likely to be due to the antibiotics that you are taking for pimples. It could also be related to the stress and anxiety associated with the marriage.
It is best to complete the course of antibiotics that you have been prescribed. Try to relax your mind by taking plenty of fluids orally and daily exercise.
The irregular spotting is likely to subside on its own in next few days without any specific treatment. If there is a heavy red bleeding and you need to use more than three pads per day for more than 5 days then do consider visiting your gynecologist for specific treatment to control the bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.