Have pimple on forehead. Started spreading over eyes and nose. Looking for suggestion

My husband has a pimple on his forehead that nothing will come out of. My major concern is he woke up this am with the pimple seeming to spread close to both eyes right over the bridge of his nose. The swelling is making it hard for him to open either eye and appears to have some bruising. What is your suggestion?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
It seems your husband probably had a bacterial infection of hair follicle 'furuncle' but now probably infection has spread to deeper tissues to cause cellulitis.
Cellulitis is a severe infection and warrants a doctor's consultation so that oral antibiotics along with proteolytic enzyme preparation( trypsin chymotrypsin ) can be prescribed.

I would be able to help you in a better way, if you could upload an image of the concerned area.

Hope that helped.